- Notice that Coach O nails his lines, and does so from a spot about a foot back from where the governor of Louisiana, John Bel Edwards, stands. This is how loud Ed Orgeron’s voice is: Even with sound editing and filters, professionals have to stand him a full foot further back from a guy who went to West Point. He probably has two volume settings: “talking to infants and puppies,” and “EVERYWHERE AND EVERYONE ELSE.”
- Also notice that when it comes to the boring “blah blah please download our app” stuff they give it to the governor, but when it comes to the messaging that they really want the viewer to hear they give it to Coach O because he’s startling, and startling gets people listening. COACH O WANTS YOU TO FINALIZE YOUR EMERGENCY PLANNING. HE WANTS YOU TO HAVE THREE DAYS AH SUPPLIES AND OTHA ESSENCHAHLS. Everyone paid attention to that part, because Ed Orgeron is very loud and his voice hits the ears like a sledgehammer even in a throwaway PSA.
- The emergency supplies included the fancy instant coffee. OOOH, CAFE PILON ESPRESSO BLEND. Louisiana ain’t facing eight feet of water on the street without premium caffeine, nor should they have to.
- Ed’s not joking around, by the way. He’s from Houma, a fishing and sugarcane town in Terrebonne Parish that’s been hit by nearly every single major hurricane to make landfall in Louisiana. He was eight when Hurricane Camille hit. If you don’t know about Hurricane Camille, read up—she was a complete asshole.
- Coach O looking leathery only increases his Cajun-powers.
- SAVE THIS FOR LATER, IT’S PART OF YOUR PREPAREDNESS PACKAGE FOR THE 2017 SEASON AND IT IS ESSENCHAHL
IT’S GOOD BUT DAMN IS HE LOUD