1. GOOD MORNING. First, an update. Your recruiting class is great. You addressed needs, got some off-the-radar prospects no one else had on their boards, and pulled in a few blue chippers. If you were Georgia, you pulled in 26 blue chip recruits, actually, which is more than the 20 the rest of the SEC pulled in, and which combined was way, way more than the entire Big 12 including Texas. It’ll be fun watching OU beat Alabama in a bowl game in two years anyway, and watching Georgia exploit that talent to the tune of multiple dominant Citrus Bowl performances.
2. Memphis had a better recruiting class than Missouri? THE SEC EAST IS FINE.
3. Oh, and Hugh Freeze called his disappointing class “a penalty” which is a great way to welcome players to the University of Mississippi.
4. UPDATES: We have $44,600 and change so far for the 2017 New American Pathways early fundraiser. This is amazing as usual, and we thank everyone who donated.
5. HOWEVER: The funding gap for the full duration of the refugee ban will be something like $400,000 overall. We’re making a dent, but need to keep hammering.
6. So hammer away by hitting that DONATE DONATE DONATE button. The amount is irrelevant—give what you can give, feel great about that, and then think about giving on Friday, too. If we hit $50k, that’s great. If we go past that, well, that’s brilliant, too, and more than we could have ever anticipated on such short notice.
7. We’ll keep the first window open until Friday, and then hopefully do the full, big, festive team-themed fundraiser in April when we can be a little more fun about what’s happening right now. Know that either way, what you do matters, even at the smallest level.
8. “Tell ‘em how you feel, Kenny, Kenny Loggins.”