This week’s weekend review Fullcast is so nice we recorded it twice. This is mostly because we had to: The first time we recorded it, Ryan played it back and discovered a podcast with only Ryan on it, talking to invisible, mute friends for over an hour about college football. Do not read too much into that, because no, no, this isn’t what we’d be doing anyway without the internet, why do you say tha—
Sometimes technology is your best editor, though. The machine rejected the first effort, and demanded we come back with a better, tighter second edit. The machine must have terrible standards because it has only ever done this once before, and not with a thousand other previous, disorganized, and low quality Fullcasts. Be more consistent, machine.
This week covers:
- The refs in Kentucky/Tennessee handing out personal fouls to every single person in the damn stadium
- MCELWAIN GONE, or how this was completely familiar to Florida football fans because it was a sequel to the Muschamp years, and somehow slightly worse
- A review of the saddest short story in CFB history: QB SHOES: NEVER WORN
- A lengthy talk about Ohio State kicking all the ass despite spotting Penn State two touchdowns to start the game
- Iowa State is the greatest team of all time and not just because they ate a Taco Bell out of food
- Arizona’s offense causes Spencer to have a small stroke (another one)
- Coaches jumping into and out of the Firin’ Dumpster. HI, KEVIN SUMLIN.
Subscribe to Shutdown Fullcast, the world’s only college football podcast, on iTunes, Spotify, and wherever else. Leave a rating and review, and follow us on Twitter to get your hottest takes discussed on the show.