WEEK TWO IS okay it’s not great. There’s a football game at a racetrack and Iowa/Iowa State and maybe that’s it? That feels like it, which is why Jason’s going to an all -day Dungeon Family show instead of watching football.
Never fear, though, for we have mined some gold from the tailings of this depleted rubble of a college football schedule. Notes!
- Week two is so bad Spencer stumbles over the intro before the show even starts
- Oh, we get to discuss Texas/ND and Ole Miss/FSU! Which were both pleasing to the hater in different and yet still equally satisfying parts
- A review of Iowa v. Iowa State, aka ¡El Assico!, the game some Iowa fans get mad at us for even noticing. "It's like you're pooping in the woods and someone looks."
- Jason Kirk, football genius, giving us the perfect analogy for this.
- A discussion of relevant airplane drinking
- Okay we're done discussing Iowa
- NOPE. Ryan goes off on Iowa extending Kirk Ferentz to a contract that none of us understand, but that Ryan REALLY doesn't understand.
- Okay Ryan goes on for a while longer about this, and we point out other coaches who did what Ferentz did and got fired. Hi, Mark Richt!
- A lengthy discussion of how having a child will not make Ryan a better, more mature person, and also that one time Spencer yelled at a pair of FSU fans in front of his children. Also calling Florida State fans "headcrab-ass people", which is to be expected here.
Listen in the embedded player above, download directly here, or subscribe on iTunes. If you do subscribe on iTunes, leave a review, even if it’s one telling us to never, ever do this again.