1. For tax purposes, Charles Barkley by size qualifies as a small family home in the state of Alabama.
If you meet Charles Barkley, you will be astonished at not just the size of his head, but also at the sheer sphericality of it. It is a 30 pound medicine ball with an Alabama accent. It is a geological formation that once withstood multiple elbows from Patrick Ewing.
2. Charles obviously did very little prep going into the interview, so Nick Saban not only takes over about two minutes into the talk, but also tries to coach Charles into being better at golf.
3. Nick Saban reveals that he does not grill, something he excuses by saying that he got out of the grill game when he was coaching at LSU because everyone else was so good at it. This is actually a really good reason, Nick. Excused.
4. Charles Barkley thanks Nick Saban "as a black man" for giving players second chances on discipline, a statement that will not at all irk people who already find Charles Barkley's stance on racial issues irksome. Oh: Charles is getting a show that's all about race! What could go wrong. What, we ask.
5. Seriously, tho, Charles Barkley has the worst first two minutes of an interview every time, and then finishes with the best, it's a strange talent but definitely a talent. He gets Saban emotional at the 6 minute mark for at least three nanoseconds, and then has him laughing about firing people for hard-fouling him in pickup basketball games. Barkley asks if this is what happened to Kirby Smart, and Nick laughs and says no. This is obviously exactly why Kirby Smart is at Georgia now.
6. Nick Saban has now used his allotted eight minutes of non-football time for the year, please note this in your journals.
7. Look at that title GIF and remember just how in command that man looks on a boat.