SO that whole thing where Ryan assigned random numbers to teams and had readers select our previewed squads by those numbers? It flopped a handful of unsuited garbage this week, as the randomness called forth pure Lovecraftian horror. (Spoiler: Lovecraftian horror in football terms equals not one, but TWO BOTTOM-DWELLING ACC TEAMS IN ONE PREVIEW.)
We'd apologize, but y'all opened this hellmouth, not us. Topics covered and cringed through include:
- Syracuse, you did something good! It feels just as weird for us as it does for you. Listen as we somehow talk our way into thinking this might be a bowl team.
- A devil's bargain engineered by Ryan where both Jason and ourselves choose to go on a roadtrip around America's least glamorous corridor rather than go to West Lafayette, Indiana, ever.
- We could talk about Wake Forest or we could talk about how Jason is literally walking back and forth between the inside of his house and a roaring late spring thunderstorm like THAT'S SOMETHING YOU CAN DO ON A PODCAST (it's still higher quality than Wake Forest football)
- Why staying in Ames, Iowa for longer than two years is a great way to end up as the head coach of a Conference USA team. Or maybe Auburn. Basically it's a random portal to who knows where, young coach! Jump in it and see where it spits you out!
- Boston College! The most Boston of teams in that it's actually the gritty, undermanned underdog Bostonians believe themselves to be, but are not in any way!
As always: listen in the player below, download directly here, or subscribe on iTunes.