THE FULLCAST RIDES FOR WEEK FIVE, which hits status as “a pretty good week” because it contains both “college football” and “passably good college football.”
- Spencer gets very excited about the best noon slate of the year, while Ryan and Jason remind him that it is still a noon slate
- Why Tennessee suddenly can’t lose football games, aka “the Butch Jones cashes in a decade of collected football karma skymiles all at once” stratagem
- Ryan finds a matchup so repellent even he cannot hate-watch it (good god, y’all)
- Did you know Maryland is undefeated, and could very realistically beat Penn State this weekend? That won’t be awkward at all for anyone, especially you, person who just realized Maryland is undefeated.
- Miami and FSU might be playing in a hurricane, which would be cool
- Georgia and South Carolina might be playing in a hurricane, which really wouldn’t be any different since South Carolina always looks like they’re playing in a stiff wind and driving rain even in clear skies and bright sunshine
- The Red River Rivalry is happening this weekend! Abandon hope, wake up early, and just see how nothing you anticipated happening happens again for the 111th time in a row
- Ryan leaves the podcast early, a la Mack Brown in the middle of the Toledo/BYU game
- Jason and Spencer answer reader questions as fast as they can, including the all-important question of what game is better for freakish weather than the 2000 Independence Bowl where it snowed in Shreveport? (A: nothing, ever)
LISTEN IN OR DOWNLOAD FROM THE EMBEDDED PLAYER. SUBSCRIBE ON ITUNES. FEED, SYMBIOTES. FEEEEEEEED.