The Super Bowl edition of the Shutdown Fullcast covers all the necessary topics for the college fan interested in paying attention to the Super Bowl, but taking only the most disdainful and irrelevant angles on all the action.
We're here for you with these important takes and more:
- The Cam Newton Economy, or how everyone owes Cam Newton a share of the immense amount of money Cam Newton has made for everyone. This is a serious statement: Cam Newton is his own economy and has made so, so many people money.
- A pitch for "Taken" starring Charlie Weis
- A diversion into how bad Phil Simms is as a broadcaster that somehow ends up being a discussion of what a complete trainwreck of a broadcaster Mack Brown can be
- Praise for Jim Nantz? Yes, praise for the King of Khaki
- The best fights we've seen at football games in person, including the best real-life Rocky 2 fight ever
- The sports announcing teams we want calling our love lives
- You want discussions of Wario's family history? Of course you do, so we give them to you.
Listen in the embedded Soundcloud player, subscribe on iTunes, or download directly here.