The first episode of the FOURTH (fourth!) season of the Shutdown Fullcast begins with a discussion about Dolly Parton, and then pretty much flies downhill from there (because all things are downhill from the greatness of Dolly Parton.)
- Dolly, and all the things she's done for you
- Phoenix's perfect okayness as a host city for football, and Tampa's definite dismalness as a host city for football
- We have no offseason plans! Besides not reading Dad Fiction (we're totally reading Dad Fiction this offseason) and starting a business for "Moms Who Like Wine"
- Reader questions, including a discussion of what disrespected teams will be most disrespectedly disrespected before the season even starts
- Some lengthy discussion of The Revenant, which Jason and Spencer agree is just "fine" and is filled with "really disgusting things"
- The worst fast food restaurants that are actually so bad you would not eat at them despite your predilection for bad fast food
- More lengthy discussion, this time of things where your critical compass is completely off from everyone else's, and Ryan saying that Billy Joel is fine, everything is fine and there are no bad ideas
Listen in the embedded player below, download directly here, or subscribe on iTunes.