The Internet took notice yesterday when the Patriots changed the avatar on their Twitter account to a picture of Tom Brady's jersey. It's not terribly high on the passive-aggressive scale, but it's something, sure. The much more amazing move would be to specifically give Brady, the subject of so much scrutiny and scorn, some sort of award or honor. Induct him into the team's Hall of Fame, for instance.
We hope this is just the first step in a long line of highly unsubtle swipes at the NCAA, including, but not limited to:
- Naming a scholarship for a Business Administration degree after Reggie Bush
- Go to absurd lengths to put "2004" into every campus phone number
- Pete Carroll, Vice President for Planned Giving
- Build a new building for the law school and call it the Todd McNair Center for Open Emails
- Pete Carroll, Athletic Director
- Include Mark Emmert on every conference call invitation "just so he feels like we're not hiding anything"
- Commemorative t-shirts to honor the 10 year anniversary of UCLA beating the Trojans by negative 47 points
- Pete Carroll, General Counsel