A FEW EDITORIAL NOTES. First, the Fullcast is going back to its offseason interval of once-weekly, because this is not the season, and bowl games really can't sustain us like the full energy of sixty-plus games a weekend can. Two, we're going to be doing 40 for 40 or whatever we decide to call it, so there will be many, many individual breakdowns of bowl games coming. Three, we're not doing a Star Wars episode.
Now, IT'S THE STAR WARS EPISODE. None of this podcast is Star Wars, or at least not anything past the first ten minutes, where we kind of joke around with doing a Star Wars episode, do it for a minute, and then hit the eject button when it clearly starts getting out of hand.
Topics we did not eject from:
- How Jason actually did watch all the Star Wars movies all the way through for the first time recently, and how Han Solo is really the center of the entire series, and WE SWEAR THAT'S ALL THE STAR WARS TALK WE DO
- Okay there's a brief diversion into the Rancor getting out of his abusive relationship and going on some "Eat Pray Love" soul-searching
- Bob Davie is coaching a team in a bowl game in New Mexico! What more could one ask of football, or indeed of life itself?
- An examination of exactly what "Royal Purple" is
- Why do they have a bowl game in Montgomery, ever, at all, for any reason?
- Please welcome the "Shreveport Missing Persons Bowl" to the season's rotation
- How the NOLA Bowl is really just the affordable, charming, and just-as-good lunch version of the Sugar Bowl for the savvy shopper
- Did you know there's a bowl game at 2:30 p.m. on Monday? And that if you watch it, it's official proof you don't give a fuck about your job, and should quit?
- Which bowl games have the best setup for creating two extremely hungover teams playing football? Besides the Sun Bowl, of course.
Listen in the embedded Soundcloud Player below, subscribe on iTunes under Sports podcasts, or download directly here.