This is normally the spot when Hatin' Ass Spurrier goes up, but that's going to wait until tomorrow for one very important reason: the real Spurrier outdid any fictional characters this past weekend in discussing his own team IN A GAME THEY WON. In six minutes, the following happens:
- "That was a game I didn't like a bit."
- "The way we play is embarrassing."
- "We're not a very good team...and we have all the voters fooled, I guess cause we beat Georgia."
- [this number is just to point out Spurrier gets a Georgia insult in even in the midst of destroying his own team and coaching staff]
- "I'm taking over kickoff coverage." Enjoy being fired after game four, special teams coach.
- "Vandy is not an offensive juggernaut."
- "We've all seen good football teams. We ain't one. Maybe we can be. I dunno."
- [a thousand little shifts in his chair and thumps of the table]
- "It's one of the worst (wins) I've ever had."
- "We did force some punts...I apologize. We forced THREE punts."
You'll get ours tomorrow morning, but the real one can't be beat for at least another twelve hours or so.
P.S. It's disturbing how much Spurrier's "I'm-so-pissed-off-I-can't-walk-straight" cadence sounds like my grandmother's.