The once and forever Poulan Weed-Eater Independence Bowl is your Boxing Day miracle, brought to you live and in living color from Shreveport, Louisiana. Today's podcast focuses exclusively on the unique benefits not just of the bowl system, but of the Independence Bowl and Shreveport specifically. Did you know that Shreveport remains "a major player" in the natural gas industry? Or that they have elected three Jewish mayors? Were you aware that the Independence Bowl is but the tip of the iceberg of Shreveport's burgeoning sporting community, a vibrant group of fans who have loyally (but not always successfully) supported the following teams?
- The Bossier-Shreveport Battle Wings (hockey)
- The Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs (AFL)
- The Twin City Knockers (roller derby)
- The Shreveport-Bossier Captains (baseball)
- The Shreveport Aftershock (women's football)
- The Shreveport Steamer (World Football League)
Shreveport-Bossier is also the home to many casinos which are popular with gaming enthusiasts. No one has ever said a bad word about Shreveport. No one ever will, because Shreveport is great and you would live there if you could.
Listen here, or in the player below.