The USA Today coaches poll is out, and a few observations must be made:
1. Duke gets Spurrier's traditional single vote. Nice to have you back, Steve.
2. LSU's bond rating has ballooned in the preseason. Les Miles cannot be happy about that.
3. Florida, flying nicely out of the top ten at eleven. Couldn't have asked for a better slot. Hopefully that's how the season will go--never mind the man behind the curtain...
4. Mack Brown is now set up for yet another "Disappointing Season of Excellence." Enjoy, Longhorn fans-at least you'll get to watch him give a lapdance to a Rose Bowl official in one of those silly jackets for a bowl slot.
5. The team with the strangest ranking? Auburn, who'll finish above their preseason rank of 15 thanks to their beefy veteran o-line and stank-nasty D, no matter who may be lining up under center or taking the handoffs.