The results for day two of the EDSBS BOWL 2014 for Refugee Resettlement and Immigration Services of Atlanta (RRISA) are in, and though we slowed down a bit we did get one shocking donation from Louisiana Tech. A loyal Bulldog dropped $1,139.61 on the RRISA coffers last night, and thus earned this morning's Vine. We tried.
Ahhh, sweet memories of 1999. That team would go on to beat Florida twice, meaning Louisiana Tech must have been the most incredible football team of that year in any dimension and on any field.
The grand total is somewhere north of $12,000. This is superb, but also way behind the $30K it will require to get us to do something truly drastic in the name of charity. These things could be:
- Getting a tattoo of Pat Dye's face on our ass
- Traveling voluntarily to Shreveport on our own dime
- Attempting to get a quote out of Chris Petersen
- Attending a Boston College football game in November
- Writing the definitive account of the Wes Byrum field goal that beat Florida in 2007
- Rewatching every Florida offensive snap from 2013
The possibilities are endless and bad! So contribute now, and earn your license to be the biggest sadist possible to the biggest masochist you know: ourselves. It's for a wonderful cause, and if you need reminding of that read Wright Thompson's account of Bosnian soccer player Vedad Ibisevic's long road out of refugeedom and into the international spotlight. It's beautiful, but there are a thousand stories like his, and all of them deserve your support. GO BULLDOGS.