Today the final chapter in the drastic redraw of Division Threeve begins. To recap what got us to this point:
All teams with a national title according to either AP or UPI/Coaches' Polls got an autobid to the new league. Each autobid team was allowed to bring one other (non-autobid) team to the table. The teams with the most titles (Alabama, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Southern Cal, Miami, and Nebraska) became flagship members of the 6 new conferences.
Albino Tornado presented a scheme that was voted by acclimation the best decision for the new conferences. However, it was also ruled to see what the whims of the commentariat would produce in a draft, for comparison's sake.
A draft was announced using the Yankee Swap/White Elephant method. The draft is still underway.
Here are the draft rules.
1. Each conference, when they are on the clock, chooses to draw a random team OR a team from the available pool of drawn teams.
2. Every team in the conference (not individual fan- team) gets one vote on what move to make on each turn. If a team has no representatives commenting, that vote is forfeited and not considered.
3. Ties are broken by the commissioners: fan/representatives of the original 6 teams. (Allicolis for Bama, ndroyalsfan for Notre Dame, Chloe Denmark for Oklahoma, Chris Hondros for USC, Lt. Philip Nolan for Miami, Albino Tornado for Nebraska.)
4. If a team "on the board" is selected (meaning they already belong to a conference and are still available), the conference that lost them gets to make a compensatory pick.
5. If a team is "stolen" from a conference, that conference may not "resteal" the team in the same round, regardless if it is on a non-consecutive pick.
6. When a team has been stolen twice (on its third conference), it is out of the available pool.
The remaining teams are as follows: