The list of candidates Maryland wanted instead of Randy Edsall provided in the Baltimore Sun was, on further investigation, somewhat incomplete. The full list of Maryland's coaching candidates follows. Candidate Gamera was unavailable for comment.
1. Chris Petersen
2. Gus Malzahn
3. Mike Leach
5. June Jones
6. Rich Kotite
7. Pat Summitt
8. Lane Kiffin
9. Willow Smith
10. Hayden Fox
11. Celebrated racehorse Zenyatta
12. 70 foot tall Under Armour Spokesperson Eric Ogbogu
14. Longtime Fox assistant Luther Van Damme
15. Jon Gruden
16. A guy from a car detailing shop in Bethesda who really looks and sounds a lot like Jon Gruden.
17. A 2002 cardboard cutout of Jon Gruden.
18. Coach Ace Bricka
19. A copy of Bill Walsh College Football 1994 for Sega Genesis
20. Ralph Friedgen
21. A charismatic sculpture made from stolen traffic barrels.
22. Jose Mourinho
24. John Mackovic
25. Ed Orgeron
26. Mike Locksley. No, really. SCHADBOMB:
27. Carl Franks
28. Roy Goff. (Typo, totally different guy, interviewed him anyway.)
29. Tom O'Brien.
30. A nice springer spaniel named Chip who really likes to chase footballs.
31. Coach John McGuirk
32. A bucket of Ruffin McNeill's Ass-Belly Sweat
33. Noted inner city recruiter Avon Barksdale
34. Noted imposter "Houston Not"*
35. Ray Lewis, but only on his laser space raven.
36. Randy Edsall.
*Is actually Houston Nutt