Not more than a few hours ago I posted this in Howard Schnellenberger's Top 25.
I’d love for someone to try to rob my house. ... it'd be wonderful explaining why the intruder was killed with an authentic 1700s era blunderbuss filled with pop rivets and wing-nuts.
Well, I just got a call from my local police force. Someone did break into my house today. It was a kid I used to coach in little league and Pop Warner. His sister is one of my bartenders. The police think he was looking for something specific because some things that would be valuable to a 16 year old were ignored. This opens up a whole lot of implications that I don't really want to think about because someone told him what to look for and that I would be in NY until Thanksgiving.
Fun part of the story, by the time the cops were alerted by the alarm company and arrived, my Rotts, Bartleby and Loki, had the kid so scared he was literally grateful to see them.
That's enough of the serious stuff. The point of all of this is that I CAN MAKE HALF OF MY WISHES COME TRUE!!!11!!!11.
I need to take advantage of this opportunity. On to the wishes
- I'd love for Notre Dame to beat Utah AND for there to be cake from that Cake Boss guy in Hoboken.
- I'd love for Wisconsin to go to the Rose Bowl AND I will get to eat a big expensive steak.
- I'd love to get tickets to the Wisconsin - Nebraska game for NU's first Big Ten game AND a team that has red and white colors will win.
- I'd love for the restaurant I'm consulting on to be very successful AND for the big check the owner wrote me to clear
- I'd love for the party my fiancée is dragging me to to be awesome AND for me to get blackout drunk on the top shelf open bar
- I'd love for my fiancée to let me sleep with her AND one of her friends.
If you act now, maybe I can make half of your wish come true too!