Just out of curiousity, it seems like everyone, on some level, enjoys mindless entertainment. What I have compiled here is my all time faves, and in no particular order since I could watch them all on an endless loop since I know the lines by heart.
1. Blazing Saddles-probably the all time funniest movie I have ever seen. Too many to list.
2. Monty Python and the Holy Grail- Their comedic timing and the blatant absurdity of this movie made me howl at 12 and still does at 40.
3. A Few Good Men- "You can't handle the truth!" Jack just dressing up like a Marine and being Jack.
4. Full Metal Jacket- R.Lee Emery's introduction to all you wanted to know about Marine boot camp was one the best 35-45 minutes of screen time I have ever spent.
5. The Big Lebowski- Jeff Bridges as "The Dude" reminds me of a few of my dads hapless brothers that stayed in California after they got out of the military.
5a-tie-TOP GUN- The best recruiting tool the Navy ever had..."Thats right Iceman...I am dangerous! (snaps teeth)"